Synopsis, Inc. v. Mentor Graphic Corporation
Paper 49, October 31, 2013
IPR2012-00042 (Patent 6,240,376 B1)
[Parties may request an oral argument on an issue raised in a paper]
Petitioner Synopsis, Inc. and Patent Owner Mentor Graphics Corporation requested a hearing pursuant to 37 C.F.R. § 42.70(a).
The Board granted the parties’ request for a hearing and set the following rules pursuant in part to 37 C.F.R. § 42.70(a):
- Each party will have 60 minutes total time to present their argument.
- Petitioner proceeds first, then Patent Owner.
- The hearing is open to the public on first-come-first-served basis.
- The Board will provide court reporter whose transcript will constitute the official record.
- Demonstrative exhibits must be served five days prior to the hearing and filed at the Board two business days prior to the hearings.
- Parties must initiate a conference call with the Board two days prior to the hearing to resolve any disputes over the propriety of demonstrative exhibits.
- Lead counsel is expected to be present at the hearing; if lead counsel will not be in attendance, the board must be notified via a joint conference call no later than two days prior to the hearing.
Parties may request an oral argument on an issue raised in a paper pursuant to 37 C.F.R. § 42.70(a).
To view full Hearing Order click here.